RLA has recently been involved in up-grade works across Victoria and South Australia where we safely and efficiently discharged several hundred thousand tonnes of ballast.
During a North East Victorian 7-day mud removal project, we distributed 57,000 tonnes of ballast without any incidents, injuries or disrupting any other work group. We were able to achieve this with our modern fleet of Hi-rail tip trucks, Hi-rail excavators with plough attachment and high capacity loaders.
Some previous rail works include refurbishment between Pine Creek to Katherine - Northern Territory, track reconditioning Adelaide Hills, Crossing loops Sydney – Melbourne and siding construction at SCT terminal Melbourne.
Some of our past works include the Victorian Fast Rail project, delivering the timely removal 57 kilometres of track in 4 days.
The company was also contracted for the Southern Cross Railway Station redevelopment project.
RLA has extensive experience in the rail industry including.
- Bulk Ballast discharge
- Formation works, undercutting and stabilising
- Building of turnouts and crossovers including AN Turnouts
- Turnout reconditioning
- Heritage brick barrel drainage works.
- Drainage works at Wendouree Train Station,
- Removal of timber bridge decking and relaying steel deck components & panels
- Renewal of culverts
- Construction of retaining walls
- Embankment stabilisation
- Site Supervision
- Removing and lowering cuttings on Warrnambool corridor
- Vegetation control, tree removal and reserve management
- Level crossing renewals
- Bridge works
- Culvert installation and repairs
Rail Lines Australia can also provide qualified rail infrastructure support. Routine or one off asset inspections and reporting. Onsite supervision and technical advice of Maintenance and Construction activities.
Over the past 30 years the company has been extensively involved in re-sleepering and railway track & civil maintenance works for V/Line, Metro, ARTC, Rio Tinto, McConnell Dowell & Downer in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, New South Wales and the Northern Territory.