Our vast Hi-rail Fleet currently comprises
Excavators from 4t to 23.5t
- We have both tracked and wheeled hi-rail excavators. Gauge convertible to suit Broad-, Standard- and Narrow-gauge tracks.
- Our tracked machines are a combination of steel tracked excavators and rubber pad excavators.
- All units are fitted with tilt rotating hitches
- The wheeled excavators are rubber tyred and can be driven on public roads making them well suited to road crossing works and short distance moves not requiring float transport.
- Our machines are also approved to work under live overhead wires with height and slew limiters installed.
Our fleet of Hi-rail tip trucks are extremely popular for ballast discharge works. With an average on track load capacity of 20 tonne each, these trucks can discharge ballast safely and efficiently. Each truck is fitted with multi-directional chutes with a regulated flow control ensuring that ballast is discharged precisely as required. Gauge convertible to suit Broad- or Standard-gauge tracks.
Hi-rail backhoes are an extremely versatile piece of equipment for work in rail maintenance and construction. Road registered adds another positive aspect to these sort-after machines. The backhoes have extending booms and can be fitted with a variety of attachments including tamping heads, grabs and a variety of buckets, Digging, Cribbing, Mud, rock, sieve, and we can custom build to your requirements. Gauge convertible to suit Broad- or Standard-gauge tracks.
Water tanker / Fire tender
Hi-rail 4x4 tray truck with slip on Fire Fighting / water tank unit. Can be used as a tray for materials or tools. Safe access to tray. This versatile utility vehicle has a crew cab for carrying passengers and the tray can be configured to suit specific requirements. Hi-rail or 4x4 allows this truck to access difficult locations.